The Static RunFlat system for multiple piece demountable (split) rims is primarily designed for military applications on and off-road. When fitted the Static RunFlat enables a vehicle to safely continue its journey for at least 50km following ballistic or terrain-related tyre damage to one or more tyres.
The Static System is made of 3 antiballistic composite segments bolted tightly around the wheel rim which remain fixed and keep the tyre in place whether inflated or not. Its beadlock function is particularly strong in run flat mode due its patented shape, so even deflated tyres do not rotate on the rim, keeping the vehicle in motion at all times.
Our Static RunFlats offer the following benefits:
- Easy to fit - can be fitted and dismounted in theatre with standard tyre fitting equipment (unlike the traditional donut style runflat)
- Lightweight - 20% lighter than rubber alternatives, increasing vehicle payload
- Effecitve beadlock - functionality at all pressures, translating to enhanced mobility and traction
- Long life expectancy - does not perish over time unlike rubber alternatives. Can be expected to last 10 years plus
- Robust and impact absorbing - composite material is soft enough to absorb ballistic impact and off road terrain without breaking
In terms of terminology, the RunFlat for 3-piece demountable rim is called Static RunFlat whereas the system for 2-piece bolt together rim is called EcoStatic RunFlat.
Within the Static & Eco Static Range, we offer 2 main runflat capabilities in line with the FINABEL standard (other variants do exist based on specific clients' requirements):
A system designed and manufactured to cover 50km on road (3km at escape speed up to 90km/h, 22km at 50km/h and 75km at 25km/h) or 40km off road at 20km/h in runflat mode.
A system designed and manufactured to cover 100km on road (3km at escape speed up to 90km/h, 22km at 50km/h and 75km at 25km/h) or 60km off road at 30km/h in runflat mode.